Monday 29 October 2012

Drugs cheat

I woke up this morning with a sore jaw, which I quickly self-diagnosed as an abscess on the same tooth as a few weeks ago.  I doubt that Mr Tooth will be with me to enjoy the weekend - I'll see what Miss Dentist says in the next day or two.

But, to use probably the most annoying sporting cliche of present times, I've got to take the positives out of this.  And there is one. 

On the way home, I called into the supermarket to pick-up some painkillers and found Nurofen on offer (wait, that's not it).  So I attempted to buy two small boxes (just to have one in) together with a small box of paracetamol.  But I wasn't allowed to because (according to the till man) current legislation forbids grown adults from buying more than two packs of over-the-counter pills in a single visit.

Did you know that?  I certainly didn't, so I've learnt something today. Every cloud folks, every cloud.

(Needless to say, I then walked across the road to Boot's to buy the paracetamol. Your average painkiller junkie would obviously not have thought of that).