Tuesday 30 October 2012

White faces

I went to see my dentist today who confirmed that I had an abscess on my tooth, before adding: "Actually, the pus is so tightly packed it could be classed as a cyst.  There's an enormous amount of infection in there."

Kiss anyone?

After prescribing antibiotics the size of dinner plates, she decreed that the tooth had to go with the execution scheduled for sunrise (well, 9.20am) next Friday. I'm obviously looking forward to that immensely.

More positively, I've booked tomorrow off to look after Jamie who remains on his first-ever half-term break. Last Friday, I took him to the cinema followed by McDonald's.  Tomorrow, the plan is very different  - I'm taking him to the cinema followed by Burger King. It's good to keep him on his toes.  Failing that, it's convenient (for me) to keep him on his bum eating popcorn and chips.

And then it's off to his friend Euan's scary Halloween party.  My swollen face will negate the need for me to make any special dressing-up efforts, but Jamie is going as a vampire. 

Last night he and Charlotte were practising their spooky faces and, as you can see below, I think they're making good progress.  Either that, or my camera phone is pants.