Saturday 27 October 2012

Family affair


Our good friends Louise and Tim - here in the UK on a two-year loan deal with Australia, but tragically living in Wales - came to stay last night and even risked a taste of our home cooking. 

You'll be thrilled to learn that Louise isn't normally that fat, but is in fact due to give birth to child number two (a boy) in just a few weeks.

Pictured snuggling up to her is child number one Scarlett, who turns three next week.

Jamie also had his chance for a bit of the Scarlett treatment 


And this could not have been better timed.  Because in a brief conversation with yours truly a few hours earlier, he came out with a couple of rather worrying revelations.

"Daddy, I think I know who I'm going to marry," said Jamie.

"Oh really," I replied, before demanding to know the identity of the shameless little hussy.

"Charlotte," he announced.  Oh dear.  Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.  It was time to point something out. 

"You can't marry Charlotte," I said.

"Why not?"

"Because she's your sister, and you're not allowed to marry your sister."

"Who says?"

"The police."

"Oh."

So he thought for a second, before his next thunderbolt.

"I'll marry mummy instead."

"Good idea," I replied.