Wednesday 5 January 2011

Pride and pink (shoes)


A landmark day today as Vanessa and I went to register Charlotte's birth.

For me, it was a moment of immense pride; but for Vanessa, it was more a sense of huge relief.

Were you aware that if you don't register the birth of your child within six weeks of its arrival, it has to go back where it came from?  I certainly didn't. And having made all the effort to push her out, Mrs W really didn't fancy that.

Plus, Charlotte has grown quite a bit over the last 17 days and might have had a job getting back up there. Anyway, job done.

After signing on the dotted line, I nipped into Leeds to do a bit of last-day-of-paternity-leave-before-going-back-to-work sales shopping.

And to my horror, I managed not to return home without anything for myself.  At all.  Gutted.

But more positively, I did manage to pick up newborn shoes for Charlotte.

Some smart footwear for the daytime...


...and a pair of sparklers should she decide to go dancing of an evening.


She must be the only female on Earth whose wardrobe is now complete.    

No comments:

Post a Comment