Friday 21 January 2011

Those (practical) Russians


Sorry if this post is a bit random, but I hope you find the reason for it as amusing as I did when I read the "punchline" last night.

I'm currently reading a book called "The Tourist" by Dom Joly (he of Trigger Happy TV, I'm A Celebrity etc) in which he spends his time in less than obvious holiday hot spots including Camobodia, Chernobyl and Iran.  

However, it was during his trip to America that he came out with this particular gem:

"When the first missions were underway, NASA realized that their pens didn't work in space because the lack of gravity prevented the ink from flowing normally.

"They spent millions developing a special pen that did write successfully in space; the Russians just used pencils." 

Too good.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Only the Americans could go to such expense, instead of using their brains to come up with an alternative means of writing!

    ReplyDelete