Sunday 26 January 2014

Despicable He


I was "Jamied" again yesterday, an all too frequent occurrence.

He, Charlotte and my lowly self were watching Despicable Me on DVD and laughing heartily.

Three of the main characters - Margo, Edith and Agnes - are orphans who get taken in by Gru, the film's eventual hero.

And in one scene, they're going to bed.  Three girls, three separate beds - and they stayed there all night.

Their behaviour is in stark contrast to Jamie and Charlotte who, whilst beginning each evening in their own beds, almost always wake up the following morning in the same scratcher as Vanessa and me.

This ongoing situation is doing nothing for our sleeping patterns - and it's killing my back.

I pointed out the impeccable bedtime manners of Margo, Edith and Agnes to Jamie as we watched the film.

Without taking a breath, he simply shook his head and shot back:

"But they don't have mummies or daddies."

Another round to him.