Wednesday 15 April 2009

Getting the brush off

Jamie's bedtime routine now has an extra element: having his teeth brushed. Both of them.

Although Chip and Dale have been with us for almost three weeks, it's only in the last few days that enough of them have been on show for me to give them a good polish. And, unsurprisingly, Jamie's not entirely convinced about his additional chore.

He doesn't like the brush going in, which is clearly a bad start. But the taste of the minty toothpaste tends to perk him up. However, crucially, he then doesn't like the actual brushing bit and his mood generally deteriorates very quickly - almost as quickly as my brushing motion whilst I try to get as many strokes in before the toothbrush is spat out.

I was looking forward to Chip and Dale having a few new friends move in over the coming weeks but, unless our boy's attitude to brushing improves, I'm no longer quite so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment