Wednesday 1 April 2009

Milky Bars are on him

Something really bizarre has happened.

Vanessa and I are not long back from my birthday meal and I've picked up both a voicemail and an e-mail which are probably supposed to be top secret - but I'll tell you anyway.

To cut two rather long ramblings very short, some production company wants our Jamie to become a new Milky Bar Kid - on the silver screen, no less.

To tell you what I know, Nestle - the company that makes Milky Bars and employs this production company - are planning to make a new advert which they hope will help them narrow the commercial gap with their great rival Cadbury. The method they intend to employ is as old as the hills: copy them.

In this case, that means making an off-the-wall ad which aims to provoke the same level of reaction as the Cadbury ad featuring the gorilla and the drums (yes, that one).

Nestle's big idea is to relaunch the Milky Bar Kid with not one but six or seven young "actors," the concept being to chart "his" development / progress from the cradle to adulthood - powered by white chocolate.

They want Jamie to play (what I would describe as) Lead Man #2 i.e. not the babe in arms, but the next one up.

The thinking is to only show the ad in cinemas initally but, should it catch on, then move it on to telly screens.

The individual who called and e-mailed me said she'd seen Jamie's picture on this blog and his blond hair and blue eyes made him "perfect for the role."

I know nothing more at this stage but, hopefully like you, I regard the whole scenario as very amusing (and possibly lucrative).

As such - and given that Vanessa's asleep and I'm a bit bored - I've mocked up what I think our boy might look like on his big screen debut.

Time will tell whether he makes it to Hollywood.

2 comments: