Monday 20 April 2009

Welly strange


In The Loop was very good, for anyone that's interested. But it struck me that, unless you're particularly into Westminster politics and/or creative swearing at high volume, it might not be your thing. Anyway, up to you.

On other matters, Jamie and I are on our own tonight as Vanessa is in the pub drinking wine with her mother and baby group. I'm not sure this is what mother and baby groups of previous generations did but I welcome it as a concept, am rather enjoying the peace and hope it goes on for at least another hour yet.

Also, I think I've just stumbled across some Sunday afternoon entertainment for the Whites this weekend. Yorkshire are at home to Sussex in the cricket and I quite fancied going along to that. However, I didn't like the idea of spending a whole day off away from fatherly duties. But I reckon I've found the perfect compromise.

From 2pm until 3.30pm, just around the corner from Headingley at Kirkstall Abbey (thereby making it easy for me to wander down and back), there is another great and traditional Yorkshire sporting spectacle due to take place. And I kid you not. Welly Wanging.

I quote from the pre-event publicity: "As part of National Welly Week celebrating organic gardening, join us for an afternoon of welly-based fun."

Sometimes life in general - and Yorkshire in particular - never ceases to astound me.

No comments:

Post a Comment