Wednesday 8 April 2009

Pyjamaman

Whether or not you agreed with my sentiments in yesterday's little rant about Michael Parkinson - and you are perfectly entitled not to - I did get one positive result out of it: an e-mail from Max Clifford's PA.

You would have to have been living on the Moon over the last few weeks to miss the fact that Max Clifford was Jade Goody's PR. And I would love to tell you that he read what I said in defence of his client on this site and then contacted me to say well done. But, unfortunately, it wasn't like that.

Instead, whilst I was having a sandwich at my desk at lunchtime, I decided to forward him a link to my thoughts and, a couple of hours later, Kate - his PA - e-mailed me back to say she would pass it on to him. Hopefully she'll be as good as her word.

On other equally important matters, Jamie wore his new pyjamas for the first time last night - and then decided he didn't fancy sleeping past 3.30am. It was horrible. One of those nights which, as parents, you'll never forget and I intend to make sure he never does either (once he's old enough to remember not to forget, if you follow me).

Vanessa and I have continued to bring him into our bed at around 5am after he's signalled he's bored with cot life for another evening and he normally goes straight back to sleep. But not last night and the two of us are obviously hoping it's not the beginning of another dreaded "phase."

And finally, an advert. I went to see my physio Johnny for the second time this morning. As I wrote here a week and a half ago, I've had to pull out of this year's London Marathon because of a leg injury which I should have had treated ages ago but have only now sought to sort properly. As well as manipulating the injury himself - to significant effect - Johnny has sent me away with a series of exercises which I am very confident will see my leg right (ironically, it is my right leg) in the end.

Should you live in West Yorkshire and require the services of a top notch physio who's an equally excellent human being, call Johnny Picot on Tel: 0113 255 1422 or Mob: 07964 622 559. You'll be back on your feet - or any other part that hurts - before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment