Monday 20 July 2009

Living on the edge


I like to consider myself a particularly modern dad - and with very good reason, in my book.

I wear jeans and trainers a lot. I have a Playstation. And an iPod. I drink beer and fall over sometimes. And I've even been known to stay up past 11.30 at night.

However, today I did something really, really modern: I bought a pair of work shoes on the Interweb.

Last week, I managed to split the upper on the left shoe of one pair, and the sole fell off the right shoe of another. So, clearly, I needed at least one new pair.

However, such is the pace of my hectic, modern dad lifestyle, I simply don't have time at the moment to visit the shops myself so I turned on my PC and went shopping on t'net.

And I'm very pleased with my purchase: a shiny new pair of black Hush Puppies for just £37.50 - that's 25% off!

I mean, how much more modern can a dad get?

Maybe next time I'll really splash out and buy myself one of those brown corduroy jackets with patches on the elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment