Thursday 9 July 2009

Taking our boyo down to Wales

The Whites are off to Wales for The Ashes!

I'm the only one of our number who's actually going to day three of the First Test tomorrow, but Vanessa and Jamie are making the journey too for what will hopefully be a fun weekend of adventure in the Principality.

Jamie's Godfather and my teeniest, tiniest friend John - also coming to the cricket - will be our host in his plush "single professional man" pad slap bang in the centre of Cardiff. He's also been responsible for getting his hands of my ticket but, despite his kindess, I'm still making him buy the first round.

Although John's up here far more often than any of us would wish, I haven't been down to see him since October 2007 and the very weekend Vanessa found out Jamie the Foetus was on his way. A lot has changed since then.

However, one thing I'm assured that hasn't changed is the Welsh nation's continued admiration for the sheep - so Jamie has his packed (I'm sure the locals will laugh and laugh and laugh).

We're due back in Pudsey on Sunday and I'll tell you what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment