Saturday 12 September 2009

Babysitters? Check!

Miraculously, everyone arrived on time last night (Wee John and Karen were actually early) and all went swimmingly. Too swimmingly. Indeed, you could have managed a decent backstroke in the amount of alcohol we drunk.

But we soldier on and, in a few hours from now, Vanessa and I will head to Manchester to see Coldplay in concert. Can't wait.

Meanwhile, Jamie is having a whale of a time. John and Karen have already showered him with gifts and attention - although the food on their plates is, as always, of greatest interest to him - and tonight they will undoubtedly have their hands full on the babysitting front. Still, they did volunteer (ho! ho!)

UPDATE 1602: Oh dear. Prior to last night, I'd only met Karen once - whilst we were in Cardiff for the cricket. It was therefore something of an embarrassment when, over lunch today, she let slip - well, John announced gleefully - that she'd seen me at around 3 o'clock this morning during an aborted visit to the loo.

I was asleep. On the loo. With my trousers around my ankles.

Are second impressions more important than first impressions? (assuming her first impression of me was reasonably positive). I can only hope not. Equally, I can also only hope that, one day, I will live this down. But, as it stands, that seems unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment