Monday 14 September 2009

Barnaby set to be bumped

Meet Barnaby Bear.

Barnaby is the resident bear at the Little People Nursery in Stanningley which Jamie attends. He is also a very privileged bear in that he gets to go on holiday with all of Jamie's nursery friends - and Jamie - according to the house rules.

But I fear Barnaby Bear is in for something of a disappointment tomorrow lunchtime. Vanessa and I are taking our boy on his first foreign holiday when we go for a cheapie week in Spain. It'll also be Jamie's first time on a plane so, obviously, we're all very excited (if also a little apprehensive about how White Junior will cope with being cooped up for two-plus hours, but anyway). And Barnaby Bear is, apparently, very excited too.

He came home with Jamie from nursery tonight all set for his latest trip. And then I arrived in from work.

Now, perhaps I'm being a little harsh and maybe even a touch snooty but, in my lowly view, Barnaby Bear is a bit shit (and he may even have some stuck to his fur).

Have a look. He's got paint stains on both cheeks. He's not as sky blue as he once was. And, crucially, he's almost certainly carrying every germ every child has ever brought into the Little People Nursery. Indeed, I'm sure I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of kids in there who haven't sneezed on him - or worse.

I've promised to sleep on the matter and we can talk about it again in the morning. But, as it stands, I think Barnaby Bear will be spending a quiet seven days in sunny...Pudsey. Probably in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment