Tuesday 15 September 2009

The rain in Spain will land mainly on the Whites

The passports are packed, so is the baby (I think) and we're almost ready for our flight into the unknown. (Well, Murcia, but you know what I mean).

A week on sun loungers is exactly what Vanessa and I need at this moment in time. But there are two problems of significance. First, the forecast for where we're going is poor, at least initially. And second, I'm not sure Jamie is really up for lying on his back for seven days.

However, on the plus side, there is the huge bonus of the two-hour time difference. For example, our man's 7.15-ish bedtime suddenly becomes 9.15-ish - giving us some scope to go out for leisurely dinners. And his normal 5 o'clock in the morning waking up time here translates into 7 o'clock in Spain, which is almost civil. (There's a bound to be a line in there about the Spanish Civil War, but I'll refrain). Still, I'm sure it will not work out quite like that.

We're due back next Tuesday evening. But if the weather is half as bad as we're led to believe, I may try to track down an Internet cafe to let you know how we're getting on.

Now then, one more time: "Dos cervezas, por favor." And there was me thinking my GCSE Spanish was a complete waste of time.

PS Jamie has asked me to remind you that online voting in The Sun's bonny baby competition closes at midday tomorrow (Wednesday). Click on to http://sunbeams.thesun.co.uk/and follow the instructions if you want to give him your support. He'll find out if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment