Wednesday 16 March 2011

A girl likes to make an entrance


Almost three months in, and Charlotte is about to make her first trip to Northern Ireland.

And if you're going to do something, you've got to do it right. So, what better time to arrive in God's Real Own Country than on St Patrick's morning - as it will be when our ferry docks in the Port of Belfast at around 6.30 tomorrow morning.

It will obviously be a proud moment for me to show my daughter off to my family for the very first time, just as it was when we took Jamie on his inaugural trip at an almost identical age.   

But I'll be equally proud to show Coleraine and the Causeway Coast off to her. And to tell her it is my home.

Then it will get dark, both kids will (eventually) go to sleep and it will be time to put on the hat.


Let me be the first to wish you a Happy St Patrick's Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment