Friday 16 November 2012

Grinning from ear to ear - eventually


The sight of a bucket-carrying Buzz Lightyear on patrol at Guiseley railway station this morning hinted that Children in Need day is upon us once again.

Final confirmation came 15 minutes later when I disembarked in Leeds.

 
To be fair, I did already know as a little earlier I captured Charlotte wearing part of her fairy outfit in advance of a Children in Need fancy dress event at nursery.


However, the clear highlight of my day thus far came at Morrisons in Guiseley where, after popping in to buy newspapers, I was greeted by the sight of three long-faced, middle-aged female employees wearing Pudsey Bear ears.

"How do you manage to keep a straight face whilst wearing those?" I enquired of one of the ladies.

"We have to work very hard at it," was her deadpan response, before all three burst into raucous laughter.

I loved that.