Monday 19 November 2012

Operation DIG (Daddy Is Great)

It's the evening after the weekend before, when I was home alone (with two sprogs). 

Yes, with Vanessa away for a ladies' weekend of talking guff, I was given sole charge of the household's junior residents.  Thankfully, all of us appear to have emerged relatively unscathed.

My approach was relatively traditional in format, in that I essentially threw money at it.

Tumble Town was first on the list, where a bit of soft play was indulged in.


Then it was off to McDonald's for food bribery and, after Charlotte's sleep, to Morrisons for magazines, and pizzas for tea.


On Sunday, Charlotte and I loyally cheered Jamie along at rugby...


...before a trip to the playground (see if you can spot Jamie)...


....another sleep for Charlotte, a hot chocolate and DVD for Jamie...


...and more favourite food bribery.


As yesterday rushed towards its end, Jamie announced that he was going to make me a card with "Best Daddy In The World" written on the front.  But only if I made him one emblazoned with "Best Boy In The World."  I told him I'd have to think about it. Because if I did make him a card, I'd then have to make a "Best Girl In The World" one for Charlotte.  And she can't even read.