Thursday 15 November 2012

Who's that girl?

I'm looking forward to tonight for two reasons. 

The first is that Vanessa's dad, Geoff, is coming for dinner with added others.  I've even promised to cook my "legendary" (in my own dinner time) paella which, as I write, is yet to kill a single soul.

The second is that I am dying to discover the identity of Jamie's mystery lady. 

To explain, I was dropping him at his breakfast club this morning in the normal way.  This involves taking off his coat, hanging it up with his bag, and giving him a hug before running off in the direction of the train station.  But today, just as his coat was about to come off, I felt a presence.  A quick glance revealed that it was a little girl with long hair and a serious face. 

I bid her good morning, but she didn't acknowledge me.  She was too busy staring at Jamie.  I finished taking his coat off, hung it up with his bag and turned back for my hug.  But I was too late.  Jamie was already being led by the arm into the next room by the little poker-faced girl.  And then he was gone. 

Tonight I intend to ask some questions - and later share the answers amidst the inevitable compliments for my paella.