Thursday 29 November 2012

A letter from Guiseley (draft)


And so, with my weekend in Northern Ireland at an end, it was time to head back to Yorkshire - with Jamie and Charlotte waiting to greet me at the airport.  Before putting their hands out to see what I'd got them.  I'm glad one of their number seemed pleased.

But, of course, what I produced could in no way compete with what Father Christmas may have in mind.

To this end - ably assisted by his Grandma Judy - Jamie has already begun penning his personal letter.


Below you can see what he's written so far.

 
For those of who can't yet read Jamie Scribe (what's wrong with you?!) it says:
 
"Jamie has been good all year."
 
A useful start (although I have tried to explain that it can sometimes come across as a touch arrogant to refer to yourself in the third person.  I'm not sure he fully understands).
 
The rest of his letter will, of course, include a list of what he might like to receive from the big man on Christmas morning. Given that we have no more posh paper, I am greatly relieved that his writing is so big.