Tuesday 17 September 2013

My name's Barry and I'm a sad man


This is the picture you may well have seen on last night's news or in this morning's newspapers, as Manu Tuilagi joined his fellow British and Irish Lions at a Downing Street reception in their honour, hosted by the Prime Minister.

But there are some other pictures I'd like to share with you from inside Number 10 itself.

For example, here is David Cameron addressing my heroes...


...watched by BIL the Lion.


Oh, and here's me with the great Rory Best, Ireland hooker and a proud man of Ulster.


Here's me with the also great Tommy Bowe, Ireland winger and another proud man of Ulster.


Here's me with my two newest Welsh friends - the great Jamie Roberts and the great Leigh Halfpenny, the Lions' Man of the Series.


Oh, almost forgot, here's me with the spectacularly great Brian O'Driscoll - the best player Ireland has ever produced.


Sorry, one more, here's me after they'd kicked me out holding the Tom Richards Trophy - the Lions' prize for their awe-inspiring 2-1 series victory in Australia.

 
Thinking back, I can't remember another Monday like it.