Thursday 9 October 2014

The face of a criminal


"I was in a police van!"

These were the words which greeted me as I walked through our back door this evening.

They came from the lips of the mouth you can see above.

I'd like to say I was surprised, but sadly I wasn't.  Consistent with the DNA of a trainee woman, Charlotte has recently been showing increasing signs of madness, irrationality, unreasonableness, stubbornness and a desire to bully men (i.e. me).  So much so that, for some time, I've felt that a visit from Mr Plod followed by a long period of imprisonment in a lady jail were becoming inevitable.

But no.

It turned out that a Police Community Support Officer had merely popped into her nursery to talk about the dangers of crossing the road.  And whilst there, he'd let Charlotte sit in the front seat of his van.

A lucky escape for Miss White, I say, albeit a short-term one.  A real policeman is bound to be along soon.