Saturday 28 March 2009

A bit of this and a bit of that


Mohammad's just arrived to service our boiler. Nice man Mohammad, came highly recommended. He takes one sugar in his tea and doesn't like the radio being on whilst he works - puts him off, see.

I'm a bit fuzzy this morning as Vanessa and I went to see Rob Brydon (pictured) live in Bradford last night and, having made the effort, thought we'd have a drink. And then another. We've both become big fans of his after a period obsessing about Gavin & Stacy in which he plays Uncle Bryn. A top man, very funny and he only swore once the whole evening - I'm sure his mum's suitably proud.

He finished off the show with a rendition of Islands In The Stream which, coincidentally, was our first dance on our wedding day. The two of us bellowed it out with all our hearts although we appeared to be the only ones in the audience who did. Their loss.

In a busy Saturday schedule thus far, I've also been to the physio to try to finally deal with a long-standing leg injury which, sadly, means I'll have to defer my entry in this year's London Marathon by 12 months (I'm hurt, alright?!) According to Johnny the physio - I'm meeting a lot of new people today - the problem appears to be linked to the sciatic nerve although he thinks I may also need a cartilage operation. However, hopefully all is curable so I can't complain too much.

Once Mohammad's done his stuff and I place the cash in his back pocket, sorry, hand, it'll be time for lunch and maybe even a little sleep. Vanessa's taken Jamie off to see Aunties Vicky and Jenny and these opportunities must be taken. He's got his new shoes on today - all the better for stamping on my head when he comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment