Thursday 5 March 2009

Suits me, doctor


Just finishing a sandwich at my desk and I'm all pleased.

I've been searching for a new grey suit for some weeks and finally found "the one" - for £59. Crucially, it's not a shit suit (to coin a phrase) but a suit with £100 off.

The only problem I identified was that it was a bit crumpled although nothing that 10 minutes with an iron wouldn't solve. Whilst paying, I decided to celebrate my success with a rather depressed looking shop assistant who told me he was pleased to see a happy customer. So I naturally asked why.

A few days earlier, explained the shop assistant, he had introduced himself to a browser with the phrase, "Can I help you, chap?" Very friendly in my book, nothing wrong with that. But not for the browser, who immediately expressed his displeasure at the tag, announced he was a doctor (don't you know) and demanded an apology - which he promptly received.

The reason why my shop assistant friend was still upset was that he'd just been shown a formal letter of complaint against him, written by said browser. What a nice doctor he must be.

Anyway, putting the icing on the cake of my pleasurable shopping experience, shop assistant man finished off my transaction by offering to steam my new suit to remove the crumples. Needless to say I was delighted to accept and now look forward to picking it up tomorrow.

What a nice "chap."

No comments:

Post a Comment