Friday 27 March 2009

Meet Chip and Dale

The moment is finally here - Jamie has cut his first teeth.

They appear to have moved in at some point over the last 36 hours or so and, despite my expert artwork, they're still very difficult to see.

In fact, were I not so worried about offending them, I might even call them stumps. But it is 2009, they've almost certainly got rights and possibly even a legal team - so I'll refrain.

After months of waiting, gallons of Calpol and buckets of teething granules, their arrival was something of an anti-climax if I'm being honest.

Jamie's had bumps in his bottom gum for a couple of weeks but nothing appeared to be coming through. But then, a couple of days ago, Vanessa was sure she could see something although I wasn't convinced. However, last night, I stuck my finger in his mouth, Jamie clamped his jaws together and the truth was out.

They have to be brushed pretty much straight away, according to the baby book - logically enough if you think about it - and I can say for certain that Jamie will not be pleased when we have our first go.

But at least he can comfort himself with the knowledge that he has two new friends.

So whilst we wait for him to learn English, I am delighted to say on behalf of my son, Chip and Dale, you're very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment