Wednesday 25 March 2009

I didn't see that coming


I've just had one of those horribly embarrassing moments that can scar you for life.

I was at Specsavers in Bradford for a routine contact lens appointment.

It was quite a brief affair which involved the young optometrist asking me if I had any problems with my vision, I said no, she had a look and sent me on my way.

I went to the counter to settle up and the assistant, who I had been speaking to prior to the examination, asked if there had been any changes in my prescription, to which I replied that all was well and I could see just fine.

She handed me my receipt, I said goodbye to her, her male colleague and the optometrist who had now joined them, turned around - and walked straight into a concrete post.

It could be a very long day.

2 comments:

  1. Funny. All that's missing there would have been a rogue dog. How are you doing fella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the better for hearing from you - are things well? Will Burnley make it up? And will you be back for the Play-Off Final?

    Things here are fine although I haven't had a proper night's sleep for about three weeks - isn't teething wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete