Friday 6 March 2009

Yea, me


I tend not to be a self-satisfied type of character - principally because there's generally not a lot for me to be self-satisfied about - but tonight I feel just a tiny bit smug.

It's no big deal but, for the first time ever, I managed to feed, bath and put Jamie to bed all by myself. And, 40 minutes after I put him down, he's still hasn't stirred.

Vanessa's out celebrating her friend Vicky's birthday and is likely to roll in sometime after midnight in "hearty" mood.

My new found smugness may lead me to tut at that point but I doubt it. After all, I'm about to open something cold myself and, well, there's plenty of it in...

20:02 UPDATE - Jamie's just started crying, bringing my brief flirtation with smugness to a rather abrupt end. Probably for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment