Friday 20 March 2009

Get On Your Boots - we're off to see U2!

Aw, I'm dead excited.

I heard on Monday night that U2 were due to play Sheffield on their world tour this summer and I've been fretting about getting tickets all week - they went on sale today.

And thankfully, at precisely 9.03 this morning, I had two in my possession (metaphorically, you understand). Jamie's mad keen to go but I think it's only right I take Vanessa. So long as she's good.

I have seen U2 twice before, in 1987 and 1997, both times in Belfast. And they were very good. But this time I think they're going to be excellent.

If you haven't seen the pre-publicity about the whole thing, it's called the U2 360 tour because they're performing on a monster stage you can see right round - Mrs W and I will actually be sitting "behind" it and have still been promised an excellent view.

As an added bonus, they're due to be supported by Elbow which is quite exciting for approaching middle-age types such as us.

So, should be good night for us and the 59,998 other lucky souls and certainly something to look forward to.

It's just a shame that Bono's such a ****.

No comments:

Post a Comment