Thursday 26 March 2009

Going down

There was another minor milestone moment in Jamie World last night as I got out my tool bag and lowered the base of his cot.

As officially the world's worst handyman, it was not a task I was relishing. I'm not an individual blessed with many skills but the few I do possess include neither wit nor patience, leaving me at a definite disadvantage when something needs adjusting or, worse still, fixing.

But, to be fair, I did manage to fulfil the task before me with a relative calm and the use of only a smattering of B-list swear words.

Jamie has come on quite a bit in physical terms over the last couple of weeks. He has developed some new facial expressions, more creative punching combinations and almost the ability to sit up unaided.

It's at this point, according to the leaflet, that the mattress must be dropped and the cot effectively turned into a cage from which the baby prisoner cannot escape, although Convict White will no doubt have a go in due course.

I'll have to remember not to leave my shovel in his room in case he attempts the tunnel option.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely photo of your resident escapologist in his cage!

    Malcolm, Dorothy & family

    ReplyDelete