Wednesday 17 February 2010

I'm gonna fight...fight...fight for this love...

I know you should never be competitive with your other half for the love of your son but, bugger that, I am!

I had been proudly/smuggly "ahead" in my mind over recent months after Jamie started to talk and say "Daddy" a lot. Marvellous.

And it certainly irritated Vanessa. Even better.

But, in the last 10 days or so, the reason why he said "Daddy" and basically never said "Mummy" became apparent - he couldn't actually say "Mummy."

However, he's now spectacularly over that hurdle, it's "Mummy" pretty much all the way and I barely get a look in.

There are one or two exceptions, such as at 6.10 this morning when he woke up and wanted collecting. He bellowed "Daddy!" for a handful of minutes until I could be arsed to get out of bed and drag him out of his cot.

But as soon as he was safely in my arms, the record promptly changed to "MUMMY!"

Quite frankly, I felt used.

But the battle goes on - and it might get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment