Wednesday 3 February 2010

Rocky moments

Parents/guardians amongst you will not need to be reminded that the looks of our children can frequently deceive.

Just have a look at Angel Boy above.

Butter wouldn't melt etc etc.

Ermm....balls!

Yesterday at nursery, Angel Boy became Devil Boy when, twice, he had a swipe at other mini-people who were doing him no harm.

He didn't do it in anger, according to the nice ladies in Toddler Two, and just thought he was playing a game. But, clearly, he'll have to think again on that one - if he doesn't want to sleep on our roof for the next couple of nights.

It was Vanessa who picked him up last night before telling me what he had done.

And I was annoyed.

But he then did something which kids often do when they know you're not too pleased with them; he did something incredibly cute.

For the first time that I, certainly, have seen or heard, he strung three words together.

And what did he say in arguably his first proper sentence, just as he was heading off to bed?

"Night, night, daddy." And then he kissed me.

Forget the butter - I just melted in front of him, although I tried not to let him see since I was still "angry."

It was one of those moments I'll not forget. And it was a perfect illustration of the swings and roundabouts that come with being a parent.

But let's hope the Rocky impressions stop soon (although, strictly speaking, he does look more like Ivan Drago).

No comments:

Post a Comment