Tuesday 23 February 2010

It’s enough to make you swear

Sorry for getting all serious and political on you last night, but I just don’t like it when people push other people around – even when Jamie does it at nursery.

On a much lighter note, you’ll be delighted to know that, shortly after I wrote that post, Jamie was sick all over on me.

But it gets worse.

Not sure what to do next, I called for urgent assistance from Vanessa, who burst into the spare room to be greeted by the sight of me covered from neck to waist in vomit whilst holding my son out at arms length in front of me.

Jamie took one look at her, another look at me and a little smile broke out across his face.

And then he uttered two words I’ll not forget, ever:

“Oh shit.”

I was absolutely mortified. I mean, how could he say such a thing? Had I taught him nothing?

Because I was covered, not in shit, but in sick. And, whilst the two words might sound similar to the inexperienced ear, they really are two completely different substances.

He really will have to learn.

And I really will have to stop swearing in front of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment