Wednesday 15 December 2010

Don't worry about me


I got a lot of work done today at, well, work.  But other than that, it's been like living in suspended animation.

Armed with my weekly train ticket, I was walking to the office at around 8.45 this morning when it suddenly dawned on me that I could become a father again at any given moment.

Now, I appreciate that this reality should really have reached my inner brain at some point before then.  Yes, I've talked and written about what's about to happen, but I suppose I hadn't really thought about it that thoroughly.

However, it's now hit me right between the eyes (or similar) and I'm ready to go.

Bring him or her on (or, more accurately, out), I say.

(Sorry?  What's that?  Vanessa?  How's Vanessa?  Er, well, I don't know.  Do you want me to ask her?  OK, I'll ask her.  But I'm sure she's fine.  Must be).

No comments:

Post a Comment