Sunday 19 December 2010

Good things come to those who wait


I've just got in the door and I'm supposed to be going to bed for a couple of hours.  But I'm not in the sleeping mood. 

Charlotte Frances was born in the age-old manner at 3.31 this morning - tipping the scales at a not inconsiderable 7lbs 15oz - and her mummy, daddy and brother could not be more proud.  

Jamie hasn't yet had the opportunity to say hello, but I'll be taking him into the LGI later today to do just that.

Then, he and I will have one last boys-only night together before the ladies arrive home in the morning.  

Thanks to the many wonderful people who were kind enough to send us goodwill messages via Facebook over the last few days. They certainly kept our spirits up, and I'll be printing them all off for Charlotte to read in later years.     

Right now, I feel like the luckiest man in the world - but it'll quickly wear off when, like Jamie, she inevitably gives me my first well-deserved slap in the mouth.   

Before going back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you Barry, (Not forgetting Vanessa - who did all the hard work!)- and Jamie. The Big Mac and the Chilean Miners obviously paid off! Our love to Charlotte Frances White.


    Malcolm & Dorothy

    ReplyDelete