Thursday 19 November 2009

Elephants in the room

I feel a teeny weeny bit smug this blustery morning.

Vanessa had a work thing in Liverpool last night and stayed in a posh hotel (no, I wasn't aware they had posh hotels in Liverpool either), meaning I was on Jamie duty until a few minutes ago when his Grandma picked him up.

And I believe I did a good job - yea me!

To be honest, I think I was just lucky. Jamie's been a bit under the weather for the past couple of days and had to have a quick and pointless appointment with his pointless and always available GP on Tuesday afternoon.

As a consequence, he hasn't been sleeping again - meaning his mother and father haven't been sleeping much either. So I approached the hours of darkness last night with a degree of trepidation. But save for stirring at 4am and again just after 5, he was fine.

He also went down last night without too much trouble, leaving me with plenty of time to get to know our new housemates: Daddy Elephant Head and Baby Elephant Head.

They have a "colour" day once a month at Jamie's nursery which involves the baby-inmates turning up in clothes of the designated colour and then taking part in a series of activities themed around this colour.

Yesterday, if you haven't already guessed (come on!) was grey day and the "headline" activity was making grey elephant heads to take home. Here he is with Skye, one of the very nice members of nursery staff who, I suspect, did quite a bit of the work.

Vanessa sometimes complains that we haven't room to swing a cat in our house.

But hopefully she'll be soft-hearted enough to agree that there is room to park two elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment