Wednesday 25 November 2009

Michaela's the one on the right



It's not many mornings when you can say you've learnt something before even getting out of bed (don't be mucky!) But today I can.

Michaela Strachan is now very much part of my daily routine - a situation I used to dream of as a tragic teenager.

Indeed, such was the size of my thing for Michaela Strachan (come on!) that I even decided to make a public demonstration of my love by putting a huge poster of her on my bedroom wall. But then she drifted out of my life (or, to be more accurate, they cancelled The Hit Man And Her) and I hadn't seen hide nor hair of her for years.

But now she's back as presenter of Animal Families on Five (which I hope Jamie enjoys but, if he doesn't, then tough).

Today Michaela taught the two of us all about animal families that swim - including mongooses.

And here's the thing. For 37 years (minus perhaps the first three or four when I was wee), I've thought the plural of mongoose was mongeese.

But thanks to Michaela, I've been corrected.

Clearly I'm eternally grateful to her for putting me right, it remains very nice to have her back in my life and long may she continue to reign (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment