Thursday 12 November 2009

No balls

Vanessa took Jamie to the park last Saturday afternoon, during which time he managed to make-off with some other child's Peppa Pig football before kicking it around on his own - rather well, according to Mrs W.

He's only got a little ball of his own at the moment (save the jokes, please) so, as a sports-mad dad, the obvious thing for me to do was go and buy him a big one. No problem there. Or so I thought.

Because he's still only 16 months old (albeit a bit on the massive side), I thought it best to get one of those light, plastic balls which the winds tends to blow around - to give him a bit of confidence. Plus, Vanessa told me I wasn't allowed to buy an expensive one. (I wonder if Coleen Rooney will say the same to Wayne).

So I tried Bradford city centre at lunchtime, visiting B&M Bargains, Boots, Primark (surely worth a go) and two pound shops. I returned to my desk with a jumper and sleeping suit for Jamie, and a load of toiletries, sweets and crisps for me. Oh, and lunch. Total cost £28.76.

But no ball.

Then, on the way home, I tried Marks & Spencer - and emerged with a packet of "Was Now" scallops, a bottle of chardonnay and a Peppa Pig advent calendar. Total cost £9.48.

And still no ball.

I'll obviously have another look tomorrow.

Do you know if they sell baby footballs in Next? Or Moss Bros? PC World?

No comments:

Post a Comment