Sunday 1 November 2009

Taking the little boy to football

I wasn't able to update the blog yesterday as I was in that Liverpool, eh.

My mum and her partner Derek are over for the weekend and Derek is a big Everton fan. And, as luck would have it (and if you think luck had anything to do with Derek's choice of dates, you'd be mad), Everton were at home to Aston Villa in the Premier League - so we went.

And it was nice for me to have a different little boy to look after.

Derek was very excited as we approached the ground, as you can see above.

He'd been saving up his pocket money for his big day out and, when we got inside, he bought a big glass of fizzy drink for each of us.

And then we went in to see the match itself where there were lots and lots of other boys.

Derek's team drew 1-1 in a game which saw two boys being sent home for being naughty. Bad boys!

Derek was also a bit naughty and shouted some very rude words at the man with the whistle. I can't remember what he was called - "referee" or "cheating bastard," one or other. I must ask Derek again.

But it was a very fun day out.

Today it's raining hard in Yorkshire so, if he's good, I've promised Derek he can have some more fizzy drinks whilst my mum plays with her grandson. What a nice boy I am.

1 comment:

  1. Disgusting, given The Clarets are but a train ride away. I'll repeat that. Disgusting.

    Yours
    Disgusted

    ReplyDelete