Monday 23 November 2009

"Yesterday, New Pudsey station seemed so far away..."

I've just done did a little bit of research and found that it takes seven hours and 10 minutes to fly from Manchester to New York. Total distance between the two: 3,346 miles.

This is a very interesting - and genuine - coincidence because that is also the exact same amount of time it took me yesterday to travel from Wee John's teeny tiny flat in Cardiff to the White House in Pudsey. Total distance: 165 miles.

First off, John gave a me a lift round the corner to Cardiff Central train station, where I climbed on this...

...which took me to...

...where I had to kick my heels for more than an hour waiting for the rail replacement bus service...

...which chugged up the motorway before dropping me off at...

...where, after another wait (and a 30p charge to use the loo), I elbowed my way on to this...

...which took me as far as....

...where I hung around for another little while, until this turned up...

...and, 15 minutes later, I stepped off at...

...to begin the seven minute walk home.

Yes, the journey was tiring and, yes, it was an extremely long day. But do you know what the worst thing was?

I SAY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST THING WAS?!

Every time I took one of the clearly fascinating photos above, at least one person watching (and sometimes more than one) quite obviously thought I was a trainspotter.

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you go from cardiff to hereford and then via Birmingham! DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST BEFORE TRAVELLING!!!

    ReplyDelete