Thursday 5 November 2009

A note from Number 10


Some months ago, I was one of 72,234 bored individuals who took two minutes out to sign an online petition calling on Gordon Brown to resign as Prime Minister. And then I forgot all about it.

Because, you know, I watch the news and all that I don't think he has the slightest intention of going anywhere this side of a General Election. And, plus, I'm as sure as one can be that he doesn't give a tinker's cuss (I've ALWAYS wanted to use that phrase!) what I or my 72,233 cyber brothers and sisters in arms think.

Anyway, I was checking my e-mails a few minutes ago and, lo and behold, I found a message from 10 Downing Street in direct response to the petition which has now closed.

This is what it said:

"The Prime Minister is completely focussed on restoring the economy, getting people back to work and improving standards in public services. As the Prime Minister has consistently said, he is determined to build a stronger, fairer, better Britain for all."

Inspirational stuff?! Err...no. It's not. At all.

I mean, America gets Captain Charisma as their leader - and we get a cross between Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse and a speak-your-weight machine.

AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's enough to drive you to the fridge for something cold and fizzy. Which reminds me, I need to stop off at Asda on the way home tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment