Sunday 15 November 2009

Operation make-him-a-paddy-for-rugby-purposes

I am one very relieved Ireland rugby fan.

I've just finished watching a very tense encounter on TV which finished Ireland 20 Australia 20, the boys in green snatching a draw with the last kick of the game.

And thank goodness for that.

Because it means my project in seeking to make Jamie an Ireland rugby fan as opposed to an England rugby fan remains on track.

England were rubbish yesterday and I made Jamie watch it from start to finish. And Ireland weren't great today either but they were still much better than England, Jamie watched it all and even cheered in parts. So undoubtedly a success of sorts.

The next challenge is to ensure he's a rugby fan first as opposed to a football fan.

As promised, Vanessa and I took him to the park this morning to have a kick about, and he had a lot of fun.

But he seemed much more interested in getting muddy than he did the actual football.

This too is a positive sign because, as everyone knows, you can get much muddier playing rugby than playing football.

So my plans are definitely on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment