Tuesday 10 November 2009

Ups, downs, ins and outs

I didn't have enough energy to update this dross yesterday after a particularly draining Sunday night / Monday morning with His Jamieness.

He was up at 3am and promptly decided there wasn't much point in going back down again. Excellent.

Vanessa was the one who led the drawn-out efforts to persuade him that sleep might be a good thing before handing him over to me at 6am. But I didn't really sleep in between, meaning a very long day at work yesterday and an early night last night. And I'm still wrecked.

Meanwhile, Starbucks owes me 20p. I went to meet a work colleague in the Bradford Centenary Square outlet shortly after lunch yesterday and, at my insistence, he chose a piece of chocolate chip shortbread to accompany his latte. (Just so you know, I had a cappuccino and a double chocolate muffin).

When I came to pay, the girl behind the counter asked if we were "eating in or taking out," to which I replied "eating in." (I hope you're as fascinated reading this as I am writing it).

However - and here's the thing - whilst I beat my muffin into me in about three mouthfuls, my friend decided to save his for later. Absolutely far enough. His piece of shortbread, his choice.

BUT, I know for a fact that I paid an extra 20p in return for Mr Starbuck allowing him to eat it inside the premises - and he didn't.

So I'll be popping in later for a refund. Or maybe just a double chocolate muffin to takeaway - I'll see what mood I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment