Saturday 7 November 2009

UG!

Welcome to my cave.

Well, OK, that's not strictly accurate: I'm in the spare room. But, except when we have guests, I regard it as my cave and will accept no counter argument.

You'll probably not be remotely interested to learn that a recent survey of 500 men found that half of all respondents regarded it as “very important” to have a room of their own in the house. Additionally, 67 percent of those surveyed said they liked to retreat to their own personal zones for hobbies, while 37 percent escaped to watch films and sport.

Good boys.

Despite regularly complaining about how busy I always seem to be, I have taken a brief amount of time out to look into this hugely important matter further. And, apparently men's need for their own bit of space goes back to prehistoric times when they lived in caves and insisted in having a personal area therein. And, because males are still essentially cavemen, they remain programmed this way. Fascinating (it IS!)

Anyway, the reason for telling you all this guff is because, for one afternoon only, my cave is being expanded. For Vanessa is taking Jamie out to spend time with his Auntie Vicky and Auntie Jenny and I'm being allowed to stay in on my own to do my own thing in my own space i.e. the whole house. How brilliant is that?!

Even better - and not entirely by coincidence - today marks the beginning of the autumn rugby internationals with England kicking things off against Australia in exactly 61 minutes.

So, I'm very excited about the next few hours.

And, whatever you're doing, I hope you are too (and if you're not, please feel free to be excited for me instead. That would be nice).

No comments:

Post a Comment