Wednesday 11 November 2009

Seasonal adjustment


It's a key day in my personal calendar.

It comes only once a year but, when the change is made, the impact is felt for several months to come. For once it's on, there's simply no going back until at least early spring.

Because it's a habit, see. And when I've made the call, I stick by the call.

Yes, friends - I have decided to get my big coat out.

Mainly because of my refusal to accept that it's about to get really cold for a few months - but perhaps also a little bit to do with global warming (even in Yorkshire) - the date when I get my big coat out seems to get later each year. I certainly can't remember ever stretching it as far as Armistice Day.

But in recent days, as I've gone on my little lunchtime walk around Bradford city centre, I've noticed I appear to be the only individual not wearing a big coat. And I've also been a bit chilly.

So my big coat from the Moores sale in Coleraine - I hope you like it - is about to go on. I trust you'll have a very pleasant winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment