Saturday 3 July 2010

Credit where it's due

In common with most little boys, I would have thought, Jamie doesn't relish the prospect of having his hair dried after his bath.

His levels of ingenuity have seen a marked increase across a whole range of areas in recent weeks, mostly to his mother's and my frustration.

But last night, I had to hand it to our son.

I'd given him his bath and, after saying individual goodbyes to all his bath toys and the water itself (he can be extremely polite when we wants to be), he toddled off into our bedroom as normal to get into his pyjamas.

The normal form is for him to sit on Vanessa's or my knee and watch Peppa Pig whilst we do the necessary drying, grooming and dressing.

However, this time, he had a plan. Rather than simply plonk himself on me and let me get on with my duties, he made an extra stop on the way - at his toy box.

And out of this he pulled his builder's hat, which he held until I lifted him onto my knee before, coolly, putting it on his head. And, as far as he was concerned, it wasn't coming off. Or, to put it another way, there was no way he was going to let me dry his hair.

I shouted Vanessa to quickly get the camera and this was the genuine scene she captured.

Needless to say a vicious three-way fight then ensued between Jamie, the hairdryer and me. And, satisfactorily from my point of view, the hairdryer won.

But goodness knows what devilish plan he has in store for us tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment