Thursday 8 July 2010

Full of hot air?

It's late, I'm tired and you're probably not that arsed either, but I'll just share one quick cynical thought with you now that I'm here.

I was reading the Metro newspaper this morning - the free one you get on public transport - whilst I was on the train to work (told you so), when I stumbled across the following story.

Paul Gascoigne and his phone friend Pope

Paul Gascoigne, whose Orange Walk antics offended so many, claims to have been a mate of the late Pope.

Gazza, 43, revealed he and John Paul II used to chat on the phone.

‘His bodyguard was my bodyguard at one point. The Pope rang me up wanting to speak to me,’ the former England and Lazio star told OK! magazine.

‘It was him who got in touch with me first. But I didn’t like having his number in my phone, in case someone stole my mobile.

‘It didn’t faze me.
I just said, “Alreet Pope. How are you?”

But here's the thing. Whilst I would love to think that all of this is true, I reckon Gazza's talking out of his flute.

Let's hope he (finally) gets well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment