Sunday 3 March 2013

The bald truth?


Not long back from another very well attended and upbeat morning of micro rugby at Guiseley Lions.

Thankfully, Coach Anthony was forced to give up his now trademark stripey top - a version of Madonna famously wore in her 1986 Pappa Don't Preach video - in favour of a waterproof. (Although he could have had it on underneath). 


Anyway, on the way back, with a spring in my uplifted step - Jamie brought me crashing back to earth. 

It has been suggested to me by one or two individuals in recent times - beginning with my mother - that I might be at risk of losing a little bit of hair on top.  I have steadfastly refused to believe it, principally because I haven't seen the evidence.  And I'm certainly not going out of my way to look.

As Jamie and I walked home, I put him on my shoulders for the last stretch of the journey.  A minute or so later, he was in fits of laughter. 

"What is it?" I enquired.

"I can see your real head!"

 I'll make him an appointment with Specsavers first thing in the morning.