Tuesday 16 March 2010

Can I relieve you of some cash?

I'm kicking off my Tuesday with a shameless plug.

Not in the least bit fresh after running the Keighley BIGK 10K on Sunday, I'm now planning to do the Sport Relief Mile on Sunday coming.

But it's, dare I say, an "Irish mile" - because I'm going to be running six.

I ran the shorter distance in London four years ago and, save for beating that guy with the dreadlocks who wheelchair dances on BBC1 before EastEnders, it was a bit of an anti-climax.

So I've decided to make an extra special effort this year, if only to justify the return train fare into Leeds.

No doubt you'll be hassled from pillar to post between now and the weekend by people asking you for money for Sport Relief.

I therefore reckon I'm offering something of a service by giving you the chance to get your donation out of the way now - by sponsoring me.

I've already started the ball rolling by fleecing myself for the princely sum of £10 which, as luck would have it, brings me right up to my self-fixed target of, er, £10.

You don't have give much - it isn't that far, after all. Indeed, you obviously don't have to give at all.

But if you want to make a donation to what is obviously an excellent cause, please click onto this link:


I promise to sweat loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment