Tuesday 30 March 2010

Sunrise or sunset?

I'm not going to write very much tonight because I'm tired, and yet this should hardly come as a surprise.

Not because work's been a bit busy of late and not even because Jamie only allowed Vanessa and me to sleep for about three hours each last night.

No, it's because tomorrow I become officially middle-aged.

I discovered by chance a few months ago that 38 is that not-so-magic figure for a male in this country and that is indeed my fate when the clock strikes midnight (although strictly speaking I wasn't born until teatime).

But birthdays should be celebrations and I'll certainly be having a go - I'm even on leave now until next Tuesday and you can't be bad to that.

So it's onward, mon amigos!

PS I'm just about to order pizza - that's quite a young thing to do, isn't it? And then I might go rollerblading.

No comments:

Post a Comment