Wednesday 17 March 2010

Marks & Spencer 0 Coalisland 10

Regular readers might remember that wanting-to-be-helpful M&S man last week who persuaded me to delay purchasing a new bag and jacket because a sale was rumoured to be starting yesterday.

Well, he was correct in one aspect because the M&S sale did indeed start yesterday.

And were my two items in the M&S sale?

Of course not.

And in the seven days that have passed since last week's visit, M&S had "shifted things around a bit," meaning it took me a good 20 minutes to find what I had originally picked out.

Plus, the "navy blue" jacket I eventually bought turned out to be black when I got it home.

So, all in all, not good - a bit like the M&S sale itself which I checked out whilst I was in.

In fact it was expensive pants - quite literally.

On a separate matter, a big thank you on this St Patrick's Day to the Queen of Coalisland, Mrs Maura Campbell, for standing alone yesterday in sponsoring me for the Sport Relief (Six) Mile(s).

Maura - officially Coalisland's second most famous person after snooker legend Dennis Taylor - is an extremely talented, occasionally fearsome and extraordinarily curly ex-work colleague of mine who is also clearly very generous. I'm grateful to her.

Now then, who's next to cough up?

No comments:

Post a Comment